Midges And Mosquito Pest Removal Solutions
THERE’S NOTHING WORSE THAN AN INFESTATION OF MOSQUITOES AND MIDGES. NOT ONLY CAN THEY CAUSE ITCHING BECAUSE OF THEIR BITES, THEY CAN BE DIFFICULT TO GET RID OF. THE GOOD NEWS IS, ALL CLEAR PEST CONTROL HAVE THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO CLEAR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS OF ANY INSECT INFESTATION.
Like most insects, mosquitoes and midges can reproduce rapidly. They’ve perhaps become an issue more in recent times because of rising temperatures and humidity, conditions which provide just the right climate for mosquitos and midges.
They lay hundreds of eggs at a time and these can hatch and turn to adult insects within just a few days. They’re particularly fond of areas that are close to water.
SPOTTING MOSQUITO AND MIDGE INFESTATIONS
Mosquito and midges tend to appear more at dusk and when it’s darker, especially if it’s a hot, muggy night. You might turn off the light, settle down to a good night’s and then hear that tell-tale high pitched buzz as a mosquito flies past your ear.
- Mosquitos and midges love your bare skin and the first thing you’ll notice is bites appearing which are undoubtedly irritating but for some people can cause painful inflammations.
- Actually, it’s the female mosquito that tends to bite – the males much prefer plant nectar to human blood.
- The itching and irritation is caused not by the bite but an allergic reaction to the mosquito saliva.
- If you have a water butt or house plants around the home, mosquitos are attracted to these damp areas and it’s generally where they lay their eggs.
Standing water doesn’t have to be nearby, either. Mosquitos are likely to travel large distances, even up to a mile. For most people, a mosquito or midge problem is temporary and disappears once the weather gets a little cooler – if you’re having a persistent problem, however, it’s time to call in the experts.
DEALING WITH MOSQUITOS AND MIDGES
Minor infestations can be dealt with using general store bought products and these can work pretty well to keep things under control. If you have AC control in your property, then turning this down a little during hot periods can make the area less attractive to insects of all sorts.
There may be a time when you need more than this, however. That’s where a company like All-Clear Pest Control comes in – we operate around the Southwest so if you have a problem, then give us a call today, we can be on site in just a matter of hours.
Our staff understand pests on a more intimate level and we’ll be able to find a more permanent solution to your mosquito and midge problem.
OUR SERVICE PROMISE
- Whatever your pest problem, All-Clear Pest Control offers a discreet service around the southwest. All our teams use unmarked vehicles which means you won’t be advertising your pest issue with the neighbours.
- We not only help solve the immediate problem but give you good advice on how to avoid mosquito and midge infestations for the future.
- All our staff are properly trained and have a good deal of experience. They’re also fully insured in line with industry standards.
Facts and Information
Here are some facts that you might want to know about these nasty little insects:
- They can develop from eggs to adults in just six to ten days.
- They are found close to still water, where their larvae feed and develop.
- They seem to be attracted to dark colours.
- Mosquitoes will normally bite you at dawn or dusk – or if you’re unlucky, both. That’s when their internal clocks tell them it’s feeding time.