Flea Treatment Services
IF YOU OWN PETS, YOU’LL KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT FLEAS. WHILE MOST PEOPLE ARE CONFIDENT WHEN THERE ARE JUST A FEW TO DEAL WITH, WHEN AN INFESTATION BREAKS OUT IT CAN FEEL LIKE YOUR WHOLE HOUSE IS FILLED WITH FLEAS.
Fleas are parasites and their eggs can lay dormant in areas like the carpet and in furniture for a long while before they start to hatch. Regular cleaning and making sure pets are treated with an anti-flea powder or drops should ensure that your home stays clear of most infestations.
Especially when the weather gets a little warmer, the potential for a big outbreak of fleas can be huge. Even if you don’t keep pets, they can still be carried into the home by other people and begin to breed. If you have old carpets, eggs can lay burrowed in the fibres for months if not years before they finally hatch.
SPOTTING THE SIGNS OF FLEAS
The best place to check for fleas is on your dog or cat. You might notice that you have a few bites and your skin is itching first of all, but you can confirm there’s a problem if you use something like a pet comb to check for the parasites or their small black droppings. Often, you’ll be able to see a flea bouncing from one place to another.
Of course, fleas don’t just jump onto your favourite pets. They can find a home on rats, squirrels, foxes and even livestock such as pigs and sheep.
Normally, giving your cat or dog some flea drops will help solve the immediate problem. If the infestation has been allowed to build up, however, you can suddenly find them bursting out all over the place, especially in warm weather as the eggs hatch. There are DIY products that you can buy in pet stores but these generally only work for a short period of time. If you want a more permanent solution, it’s time to call in the experts.
DEALING WITH A FLEA INFESTATION
We’ve handled major flea infestations across the Southwest. We work with some of the best products on the market today and can tailor a solution to your home or business that should fix the problem. You may only encounter a large flea infestation once in a while but you’ll certainly need a good team to deal with it.
OUR SERVICE PROMISE
At All-Clear Pest Control, we provide the professional services that deliver the perfect infestation response for your needs. Our aim is always to work with our clients to find the best solution for their needs.
- We’re extremely discreet and we’ll turn up at your address in an unmarked vehicle – a good idea if you don’t want your neighbours to know you have a pest issue.
- For any infestation we give plenty of advice on how to stop the problem occurring again.
- We employ fully trained teams who know what they are doing and who all have insurance in line with industry standards.
Facts And Information
- Fleas are only 2mm long making them very hard to locate in long haired animals
- They have ridiculously strong legs, meaning that they can transfer from host to host easily
- Due to the fact that they can manoeuvre so easily they can also spread rapidly
- Treat pets immediately as fleas are hard to terminate once they have an established presence